View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

If you drive your Z to work every day and wear shoes with sturdy soles, like these:

Or any other dress shoe, you'll find that they will tear up just about any floor mat in time since the heel cuts into the mat. If you drive an MT with fancy footwork you'll slice through your floor mats in no time flat.

It's not really a big deal because it's good to replace the floor mats every year or two anyways just to keep things fresh. It's better to wear them out than the actual carpeting on the floor!

With regard to the leather... the bolsters do wear quickly especially if you are a larger framed guy. The leather is soft and easily tears, so you've got to be careful, and they need regular care. I put 27k on my Z before I sold it and while the leather was showing wear, especially in the left thigh bolster, I never had any cracks or anything like that, nor did I feel like the leather was in danger of cracking or tearing in the high wear places. It just looked worn, which is normal, because it had 27k of daily use.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote