View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #1748 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
Hmmm, you gave me a thought to check out the play in my rifles, which I haven't given it a lot of thought before. The Bushies have only enough play to make a slight noise when I torque the upper and lower, with one being almost not noticable (I assume that is the one I bought as a complete rifle). Even the CMMG upper with the YHM lower isn't at all noticable unless I really mess with it. I remember I put an Accu-Wedge in a Colt and Armalite I used to own, but it just made it really hard to disassemble, so I guess I never was compelled to try that again. That proves your point since I have put many, many rounds through the Bushmaster that I pieced together and haven't had even a stovepipe jam. I do use supposedly good ammo though, so I am sure that has something to do with it. You are the right guy to ask since you have the exact experience that will help me with this decision. I am going to order them right now!

Of course you showing me all this nice hardware will result in me buy each times three! Would you say that the Noveske barrels are worth the premium price? I bought a Daniels Defense barrel which I thought was pretty nifty and expensive, but the Noveske barrel is twice the price.

Thanks again for the insight and info!
If I wanted a barrel for nuts-on accuracy, I'd get a Noveske stainless in 16-18 inches. I do believe they are among the best. As it is, I don't need that kind of accuracy and prefer carbon steel for it's longevity and durability. In that regard, the Noveske steel barrels are excellent, but not available separately. I have no complaints about the BCM barrels I have. I think DD makes a fine barrel. But...my next barrel will likely be a Centurion. They use the same M249 thicker chrome lining that Noveske uses, but they're available separately. If it's a spare-no-expense rifle...I'd get the Centurion double-chrome barrel unless you want stainless, in which case I'd go Noveske. If you're looking to compromise a little for a lower price, hammer-forged DD or BCM barrels are really good and probably represent more-bang for buck.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote