View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
guys, different dynos read lower and higher on the same exact car. Im sorry to say but this thread was doomed before it started.

It depends on the dyno, most low low reading dynos like a mustandyne or a dyno dynamics will read around 260 for a stock Z. A normal reading dyno like a dynojet will run around 270 and a high reader like the dynapaks will run 280 stock.

This is not a rule, its just ranges. There are ringers out there.
+1. I'm going to get a baseline on a dyno-dynamics tomorrow. Yeah, it sucks that I'm not going to see DynoJet numbers, but I just want to track the improvements my intake and exhaust will provide... so no big deal. If I want some big numbers to advertise in my sig I will go all the way out to Altered and run on their DynoJet.

Anyhow, this serves as another The370Z.com Learning Lesson (TM) that when we try to compare dyno numbers we should disclose the type of dyno used.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote