Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #266 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Today was a shitty day for my Z.

Started off with picking up a nail on the passenger rear tire while driving around town somewhere. In the sidewall no less. Luckily the hole doesn't leak much, since it's one of those funny angle holes that mostly slips between layers. Even after I pulled the nail, there were only some very tiny bubbles at the hole (when wet), but it was maintaining pressure fine. I went ahead and deflated it and patched over the outside of the hole with some permatex silicon gunk and then reinflated after it dried, and made an appointment to get the tire replaced at the dealership tomorrow (since I bought their road hazard program for the factory tires).

Then I went out to dinner down in the Clear Lake area. Had a half-decent steak at Outback, and came out to find my car had been broken into in the parking lot. The ******** smashed in my passenger window, rifled around in the car a bit, and settled for taking my Valentine 1 and the Glock 26 I keep in the center console. The cop who took the report said the same guy had been doing this all over town this evening for hours (driving around random parking lots and doing smash+grabs on the contents of the cars) and they had a make/model on his truck already from earlier calls. Given that my incident netted him a loaded weapon and is well past the felony line in theft value, at least they responded quickly to take the report.

Nothing else was damaged on the car though, so I'll get an estimate and a scheduled date (I assume I'll have to wait for them to order the glass) to replace the window when I'm at the dealership for the tire tomorrow and take it from there. Still gotta file an insurance claim or two, and dig up the pistol's serial number from my records for the cops. What a day