View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #118 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I'm a little surprised some of you guys are just dropping $500 on an item that hasn't failed yet. While it's an easy swap if you have the part, buying expensive replacement parts that haven't failed yet is a little extreme. People have transmission problems fairly regularly. Are you going to put an extra transmission in your garage just in case your working transmission starts having problems?

While I don't want an issue with a stupid steering lock, I'm not buying another as a backup. If it fails, I'll deal with it. And in the mean time, Nissan may still start a recall. You'll feel pretty bummed when you buy a backup only to have them swapped under a recall for free.
It's insurance. What if you're 1000 miles from home and 100 miles from the nearest Nissan dealership.

Its highly likely that the Rev A and B units will fail so I can see why some would be willing to spend 500 bucks to replace it for peace of mind.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote