Thread: She's Dead, Jim
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #117 (permalink)
waaaasabi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10 Civic (FG1) 5AT
waaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
I'm on board with this... how can we help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Who among us is going to take the lead?
I'm going to gather up the appropriate data and then write something up on Monday and shoot it out to some of the car sites I frequent - Edmunds' Insideline, Jalopnik, and Autoblog - any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
mr.onzedge- while you were on your painful biztrip to hawaii was your car hooked up to a battery manager or your kids drive your Z around while you were out?

i ask because there might be some link (not verified) of cars with lower battery charge having this issue more than others.

especially for those in very hot or very cold climates cca can vary greatly...and 3yrs is about when batteries start to show wear if not on battery manager.
Is it possible, then, to mitigate or overcome the issue by getting a new battery?? Could be an easier fix than the $500, out-of-stock part.

EDIT: Perhaps nevermind - just saw this post from the other thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by takjak2 View Post
The GTR recall for the same part blames it on "excessive oil within the ESCL" and the failure symptom is electo-mechanical in nature. The cause of failure is likely to be a combination of factors, one of which may be the cold weather and I suspect tension on the lock to be another. My 09 is up to 34,000 miles with a revision B and I have not yet encountered it.

Last edited by waaaasabi; 01-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.
waaaasabi is offline   Reply With Quote