View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #69 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
What do racers do about this "lock" nonsense ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I think you would also have to deactivate the vehicle security system using UpRev.
UpRev has a specific setting called "NATS off" you can set in their custom ROMs, which completely disables the Nissan Anti-Theft System code. Apparently only Pro-Tuners get this feature, not regular Tuner-licenses. Other than that little bit, the primary different between Tuner and Pro-Tuner is that Tuner is limited to one VIN, whereas Pro-Tuners can work on multiple cars. Most likely if you have a regular Tuner license, you can just go to a Pro-Tuner w/ the datafile and have them toggle this one option for you if you want, and then still edit the rest via Tuner and upload.

With NATS off, I would expect nothing about steering lock (or anything related) matters anymore and the equipment can be removed. The car also doesn't care about key-marriage at that point, although I'm not sure whether that means "any Nissan key in range will do", or if you don't have to have a key at all to start the car.