View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDooBrown View Post
Ok, so I drive over 50 miles to a Nissan Dealership that has several Z's in their inventory. Start looking at a Blue Touring w/ sport package, and lists for $38,750. I have to fight for a test drive, however, finally get it, and love the car. They have an online discount, which bumps the price of the car down to $35,150. I also bank with USAA, so they gave me another 150 off the car (online, however, it says I can get the thing delivered the same way for 34,750). We then start talking numbers, and they give me 18,500 for the Honda Accord EX-L, fair enough in my book. This brings the grand total to my 08 Honda Accord and $16,500. I told them I was looking more in the neighborhood of 12,000 (a long shot, but might as well go with the lowest first). They don't even try to counter, and I leave. Go to a bar, have a couple of drinks, and really think about it. Give the salesman a call, and tell him I can give him my car, and 14,000 tonight, cash money. He sounds excited, and states he will give me a call in 5 minutes. 15 minutes later, he says his manager wont budge, and if I want the car, the price is 16,500. I don't know how the car sales industry works, however, if a guy comes to me willing to make a deal (the place was nearly empty today), I would atleast talk numbers with him. Criswell Nissan in Germantown, Maryland, could have had a sale today, however, because they were not willing to talk anything below the price quoted, I walked. Additionally, by stroke of sheer fate, my friend and his wife went to the same dealership today, and reported much of the same. They were completely unwilling to budge in price. Are my numbers too far fetched? I figured if we met half way, it would be a done deal, seeing as how they really weren't selling much of anything. Any help you guys may have is greatly appreciated!
You're nuts, you are getting one hell of a deal and you still want more. Did you even bother to check the MSRP vs. invoice price on the car you want to see how close the dealer was coming to it? Like the others stated, call them back and sign the paperwork.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote