View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
Bump!

I was actually thinking about this setup for a while, even before I saw this thread. I wanted something relatively quiet while making decent power; not a huge fan of super loud exhausts. I still have the stock exhaust from the y-pipe back, not ideal for ultimate power but budget/choices were limited. Later down the road I will replace this with something else.

added on this build:
FI longtube headers
Motordyne XYZ pipe w/ cat
Stillen crank pulley
Uprev tune - (done by Jack @ HP Logic)

already had:
4.08 gears - (note: Jack mentioned that these typically lower the dyno reading by ~15rwhp)
HPS intake tubes
JWT flywheel
Berk HFC's - (replaced these w/ the FI LTH's)

Comments:
-The car sounds very similar to HFC's w/ stock catback, but just a bit quieter (at idle through mid-range RPM's).
-Definitely louder at WOT now. Sorry, no sound clips.
-makes power up to 8000 RPM now
-no funny exhaust smell (doesn't bother me anyway)
-no CEL's
-some rasp on cold starts and WOT, just enough to sound good but not ricey

In the end, my Z dyno'ed ~270whp on a Mustang dyno. From what I was told, stock 370Z's put down about 230 to 240whp on the HP Logic dyno. So I'm about 30 to 40 whp more than stock. Not bad. Also, had the revlimited raised to 8000 RPM, made power up to there. Definitely would have made more high RPM power w/ CAI's and full exhaust.

I'm heading to the track this week, we'll see if I can do better than my best ET of 12.89 seconds and/or my best trap speed of 108.5 mph.

Thanks to Jnaut (J Spec Auto) for the deal on parts & install and Jack @ HP Logic for the custom tune.