View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #204 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
God I can be such a dumb **** sometimes. I meant "your" power levels, and I totally forgot that you were going to be adding boost at some point in the future. I was framing the gears question in terms of the car staying NA.

Sorry for the confusion.

So - going back to one of my earlier questions, NA, where does the car stop accelerating?
Well the answer to that is "at the drag limit", and I don't think many people know that since the ECU speed limiter is below the drag limit. If I had to guess, I'd say with no wind it's probably around 170-180 mph with good bolt-ons in top gear, although it probably varies by transmission type. You'd probably loose all steering control and wreck the car before then though, at least without some aero upgrades and/or lowering to keep the nose planted harder.