View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by invazn View Post
What is the practical benefit of a manual?
Practical? oh I dont know, being able immediately control what gear your car is in comes to mind. You know, always a good thing to be able to do. That is a dream with the 7AT. You gotta wait for it to decide that its ok to drop the gears. If you need to drop 3 gears, then that might take a good bit longer than it would on the manual.

Its not about practicality though, its about feeling connected and enjoying the car. A manual is much more satisfying than the 7AT...those were the benefits I was talking about, NOT the practical ones. Sure its less convenient and easy and comfortable, but like I said, its a sports car and you should be able to enjoy it and drive it as such, otherwise whats the point. It's not about getting from A to B..

Thats just my opinion though, its your car and your tastes my friend. I wouldn't put you down for getting the 7AT, not now not ever, but I have a different idea about cars I think than you do.

PS: I know Jettas aren't bad. They just aren't sport coupes.