View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
TacoZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z PW M6
TacoZ is on a distinguished road
Default Looked at a couple of 370Zs today

I stopped by two dealerships today to check out the 370Z.

1st Dealership:
Had only one silver touring model with navigation on the lot. Cool old guy who was very honest with me and told me if I wanted to save money, to buy the 350Z. They were not selling the 370Z below MSRP for a couple of months. The interior is gorgeous. Soft leather around the the center console and it just looks waaaay better than the 350Z. The illuminated kick plate was pretty cool too.

2nd Dealership:
The guy said he only had a yellow base model in the showroom. Again the guy said they were not selling it below MSRP. As I left, he stopped me and told me to wait. After 3 minutes he came back with a golf cart and he took me towards the back. I told him I was looking for a WHITE touring and sport package model.

He took me to two white ones. Now let me say, if I had any doubts about which color to get....I don't anymore. I'm definitely getting a PEARL WHITE 370Z. The sparkling white is awesome in the sun. Also, if I had any debate as to whtether i wanted the spoiler or not...let me just say that the spoiler looks a lot better in person than it does in any picture. I'm keeping my spoiler!! I had the two cars side by side and it does look better with the spoiler. I also noticed the when you open the door, the window rolls down about an inch and when you close it, it rolls up all the way. Nice little feature.

I talked to the guy a bit more and I asked about ordering straight from the factory with the exact specs that I wanted. He said he could and it would take between 6 to 8 weeks. So now I know how long that would take.

Oh yeah and the guy said that the 2010 model will be a HARD TOP convertible. I think he doesn't know what he's saying or talking about because I doubt the Z will ever have a hard top. It's just too much weight. He said yes it would juts like the G37. Oh well, I still think he's bullshiting.

CONCLUSION:
I'm waiting a couple of months for the price to drop. Even wait as long as next year. Also, PEARL WHITE is awesome! Has to be seen in the sun to be appreciated!
TacoZ is offline   Reply With Quote