Thread: 30K Fluid Flush
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweba09 View Post
From all the research I have done on this forum, the Auto transmissions are not meant to be serviced. Only the Manual transmissions can be/should be serviced.

I know it is not a fluid but air filters should also be replaced at 30K, according to the manual.
Yeah. Someone told me "Infiniti's aren't like Fords, you change fluid".

Well, my transmission **** the bed about 5K miles later, and even from day 1 after changing fluid it felt a bit different, and not in a good way. Work was done by an Infiniti dealership. Total cost was $1350 including the "new" (new/used) transmission NOT installed by the dealership. I will never do that **** again with an auto. Fill from the factory, and drive it until it dies, then replace. Should get 70-170K miles out of it depending on how you use and abuse it, and over that distance, a new trans isn't too killer priced by the mile.

Screw changing ATF fluid is my opinion. Always heard it was not good, and I experienced it first hand with my G20.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote