View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #589 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
i'm sure this has been covered somewhere in this thread, but i don't have the patience to look through all 40 pages...

this will be my first time driving the dragon. do you vets recommend a set of brake pads, brake lines, fluids, and an oil cooler before making the trip/driving the dragon? i imagine i will be doing a lil' more than "cruising" on the trip
An oil cooler will be a plus. On one of the warmer days you would probably be able to reach limp mode without one.

Most street pads will work fine since you aren't really abusing the brakes that much (braking isn't as heavy as in a real track environment) unless you are riding someone's butt. I did it with Hawk HPS and stock lines/fluid on my Z and they did just fine.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote