View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #92 (permalink)
nmjaxx9
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
nmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
I don't think you understand my argument. I did not disagree with you in his technical ability. He is a living legend of the game, a man whose talents will not appear in the NBA again. He was the whole package, the one player you could build ANY team around, and still have a championship formula. His titles attest to his capabilities, and with Chicago's prowess in acquiring the right backup and support for him, he absolutely dominated the landscape.

But it's not just the people "hating" on him. Even the people who respect him and call him peerless...they are subject to his ire and anger. There is nobody in his world other than himself. He carries his pride? No, more like flaunts it. He rubs it in everybody's face the same he he did in the league back then. He's one of a kind, and he damn well knows it. How that is interpreted as a gentleman-like attitude is beyond me.

And who forced him to act that way? Who forces him now, when he was being inducted to the hall of fame, to be an absolute douchebag to everybody trying to pay tribute to him? We all know he's great, and he's still hating on the world for something that isn't there.

tl;dr - you've got to be f*cking kidding me, but I refuse to argue this point any further. It's just a pointless argument now.
If you are referring to the Hall of Fame speech, I disagree with you. All he was trying to do was call out the people who didn't want him to succeed. He had played humbly the whole time, had bottled all his emotions, and as a person, he was just expressing his emotions as any person has the right to do.

He expressed his feelings about people who held him back from being the best he could be, like his High School coach who didn't see his abilities and skills as player, or that General manager of the Bulls that he had such a hard time.

I think you are basing his humility off of one speech, which does not justify his actions throughout his whole career.
nmjaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote