View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #65 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zFORme!! View Post
Phelan so you didnt get a protune? I think from what ive been reading a custom protune is better for my needs because I want safe AFR ratios (as the factory tune is very lean up top) and some added power while im at it. I dont plan on doing anything other than exhaust, wheels and tune on this car as its a lease and I might either trade it in for a newer iteration or just buy it out.
I didn't get a protune. Don't see a need for it, to be honest. The maps I have from HyperTech are plenty good, and I feel pretty comfortable as it stands.

With that said, as an STi owner you won't have an option lol. Cobb is the only dominant company with out of the box STi tunes.

Not gonna hold my breath for a new iteration of the STi - bleh, the new models look weak compared to the GRenades.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote