View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #377 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Here is a shot of Daisy, psycho dog, shot with my 100 - 400 and flash fill. 260mm. 1/250th, f 5.6 (ISO 1000 -- I had been shooting low light and forgot to reset it).

That's nice. Not at all as noisy as what I seem to be getting from ISO 1000... at least not resized down to that size.

Amy: Cobalt Grunge

Canon 10D | 50mm f/1.8 | 1/45 sec | ISO 100

I try to keep the editing to a minimum. If wasn't a good shot to begin with, I junk it. As a hairdresser, and specifically, a colourist, the thing I hate to see most is "cheating" with post-production to enhance haircolour. It's usually obvious and I don't know who these people think they're fooling.
Below is a side-by-side of the original and edited images. Cropped, and minor fine tuning of the contrast were about all that were needed. I used a mask to add noise and a grainy texture to the background for a grittier feeling.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg amy.jpg (158.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Image5 (2).jpg (151.9 KB, 121 views)

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.

Last edited by LunaZ; 01-01-2012 at 09:20 AM.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote