View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #347 (permalink)
Dallaz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09MontereyBlu370z6MT
Dallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to beholdDallaz is a splendid one to behold

Here is a better example with a makeshift scene for reference. The scene on the top is shot with the crop sensor. The same scene is being shot from the same distance and same focal length in the lower scene (full frame) and you can see how the crop sensor only "sees" 1.5 times what the full frame sensor can when all settings, focal length, distance from subject, etc are the same. In essence all you have to do is invest in different lenses to share the same purpose. While shooting with a 70-200mm 2.8 on full frame, you could also purchase the smaller, lighter weight, less expensive, sigma 50-150mm 2.8 acquiring roughly the same focal length (75-225mm if using 1.5 times crop sensor) if shooting with a crop sensor camera. and some will argue that you achieve better sharpness on the edges of the photo when shooting with crop sensors because you are only using the center of the lenses image circle which should always be the sharpest point of the lens whereas the edges on full frame may get a little less sharp because of the curvature of the glass towards the edges. Also you will have reduced vignetting (darkening of the corners) when shooting with a crop sensor, especially when shooting the lens wide open compared to full frame. There are a lot of things I'm forgetting but just keep the questions coming! I'm typing all this on my iPhone using tapatalk at work so pardon the slow responses
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325212297.446336.jpg (58.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Dallaz; 12-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Dallaz is offline   Reply With Quote