View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #859 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheth View Post
I am wondering since i live in germany if I should get an oil cooler. The temps don't get as hot in germany as they do in the states. But 100mph is like normal driving on the autobahns for me there. Since the Z just released in germany I wonder if there will be more problems over there as you can drive whatever speed you want during most autobahn driving.
In my experience, sustained high speeds aren't going to cause oil temp problems in the way that more track-like driving does. When you're sustaining high highway speeds (I regularly do so here, but at more legal risk than you ), you tend to drop off to a reasonable gearing/RPM, and the extra airflow from the speed helps as well. It's the other end of the spectrum you have to worry about (low airflow due to low speeds, combined with lots of time spent in the upper RPM ranges, which is what you expect more at a track). Especially given German weather, I don't think cruising on the autobahn is going to give you any issues.