View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
SnakeBitten
Base Member

Drives: 05 DBZ M6
SnakeBitten will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namir View Post
The NSX was an awesome car but this new "NSX" should have a new moniker. Front engine NSX?? ehhhh.

But whatever they call it... they should build it!

The LF-A looks pretty sick too. It put down some ridiculous nurburing times. I think a 7:24? (Something similar but don't quote me on that)

I don't know if the LF-A will have large appeal, being a $200k V10 Lexus trying to compete with the likes of the 430 and Gallardo. But it will definitely be an impressive demonstration of their capabilities.

My personal opinion, I'm skeptical whether either will actually go into production due to their limited potential for significant profitability. Not many companies can afford to build cars for kicks and not make a profit (VW and the Veyron are the most obvious exception)
Actually Toyota and Honda are probably the best companies that can afford to build cars for kicks at a loss. Honda did it for years with the NSX. I believe they lost money on it the last several years of its existance. It was there halo car so they felt it was necessary to keep it around even though it lost a lot of money. Dont quote me but I vaguely remember the numbers breakdown and I believe one year they sold less than 50 NSX's but still kept it around...Toyota is a giant. They got the bucks to justify building the LF-A. How long they keep it around if it doesnt sell is another story but it looks like they are going to give it a try.