View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axio View Post
Great write-up, I love the pics too! How does it make the 1-2 shift feel less notchy? Also, how much of a reduction would you say the distances are shorter by now? Does putting a short shifter make it more likely for any tranny problems down the road?
1. I'm not sure why the shifts feel less notchy. Maybe because of the new lubrication? I didn't think it would change the notchy feel between shifts but it did on my car.

2. TWM says its a 33% reduction in shift throw. I just know it's noticeable. I didn't measure the stock throw but I can measure the throw now and you can compare to your own stock measurements. It won't be ideal, but will be close.

3. There shouldn't be any change/problems with the tranny. The new short shifter bolts up the the factory linkage under the car just like the factory shifter.

Glad you liked the write-up.