View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
axio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z
axio will become famous soon enough

Zat Zuma,

I haven't measured any temps, sorry. I don't have the equipment. Not sure if an UPREV cable will let me measure temps but GTM never included it with my kit (which is part of the GTM Stg 2 kit) and I've asked for it but they still haven't sent one after a few months. Sam or anyone else from GTM, if you guys can send that over to me, please do.

As for the car itself, it ran well. The oil cooler works. I asked GTM to open up the fake vents up front to allow more airflow and they did that, which is great since the oil cooler sits directly behind that. At the track, I didn't have oil temp issues. The sessions were 20-25 minutes long, outside temp was mid 60's, so while I know it isn't hot out, I was still able to mash it for a long period of time. The highest temps I saw were 240, but most sessions I saw 220.

On the long back straight that leads uphill back into turn 1, I was able to hit 120, and this E46 M3 wasn't able to keep up. He was directly on my *** exiting turn 11 but I was able to pull away. That being said, the driver was pretty awesome and shouldn't have been in my beginner group so as soon as we entered the corners, I waved him to pass. I was definitely slower on this same straight vs a GTR but not by too much. He was definitely faster though. Again, in the corners, he destroyed everyone on the track.

But yeah, the car works, it ran through a ton of meth though. I ran 5 sessions, basically burned through two gallons of meth.

Just wanted to say that the kit works, the oil cooler with the open fang works, the louver behind the oil cooler works...