View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
How deep I wonder. I was going to post a similar thread. I plan on keeping my Z and buying a track day car with littles treet usage. Unless I like it so much the Z goes away. Reliability etc, which year Viper should we be looking at? Pre nanny variety please.
Well, consider that a front-end on a Viper starts at around $15K for cosmetic damage.

Then consider that it runs 345's out back.

Then consider that qualified labor runs about $150/hr.

It can add up.

About the fastest "cheap" car to track is the C5 Z06. Very durable. Very cheap (except tires). Comparatively.

However, if you have the money and can drive well enough to make use of it, I have heard (never driven one) that the Viper is a helluva fun car...as long as you are smooooth.

The Gen IV Vipers are the best. The Gen III's had a crappier rear-end. Gen IV got the TR6060 and better diff. The '08 is the bargain, with the '09 having a few tiny kinks worked out, and the '10 being the pinnacle. Viper got better each year, regarding mechanical aspect.

At least, this is all I gathered when doing a ton of research on them when I was considering one over my Z06.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 12-14-2011 at 02:20 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote