Thread: Spohn's Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #306 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting those vids. Looks like a *really* fast course in places.

It's only slightly longer overall than MSR-Houston that I've been running on, but the fact that it's basically one big loop instead of how MSR doubles in on itself lends more lengthy speed sections. I'd love to get out there and run on this someday. What kind of top speeds are you seeing there in the Z? In the video I'm guessing a peak of 140-ish just before braking into that Turn 10 left-right pair of 90's? Hard for me to tell since my gears top out at different points than yours.

In the first vid that Porsche with the blinking brake lights is interesting, is that common at all? Seems like a nice hint for someone with less experience on the track following you. It grabs your attention better, and when you see those pulses, you know you didn't glance his way to catch a quick light tap, he's standing on them persistently.