Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #784 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphman View Post
I didnt want to build something in this stage of my life so i just went with a DDm4v1.
Nice. That's really an excellent rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipeanutz View Post
pretty sweet. they are fun to shoot.
i was surprised they had less kick than M16.

took me a while to realize the cartridge is smaller...lol
The DDM4V1 is a 5.56 M4 variant. Same cartridge as the M16, a little more recoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darionlear View Post
Gotta love the Barrett .50 Cal.... and my Colt M4 Zombie clearer/100 rnd drum along with my CC glocks ... bo
I've just never really cared for the Barrett .50 cal. I find it unpleasant to shoot. The recoil's no big deal, but the blast is very wearing. Fortunately, we get all the practice ammo surplus so shooting it is cheap.

I have a lot of time with the AK47 full auto. Again, we get a lot of surplus 7.62 so it's cheap to shoot, but I confess I'm not a huge fan. It's not an accurate weapon (in my hands)...almost worthless beyond 50 yards. On full auto, it has a lot of muzzle rise and becomes even less accurate. They are reliable though. We (Bomb Squad) shoot some of the crappiest ammo there is - most of it is rejected surplus import ammo or ammo that's been returned to the seller as defective. They in turn give it to us for destruction. We get a lot of Wolf and a huge amount of Pakistani POF. 7.62 by the carload. The Pakistani stuff shoots pretty well, but won't function in your typical AR10. That stuff is designed to fire from open-bolt machine guns and apparently the primers are too hard to be ignited reliably in a battle rifle. Although, I don't I've ever seen a misfire in the AK.

Last edited by MacCool; 12-10-2011 at 07:24 AM.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote