View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #137 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
I see a lot of other Z owners at the track that give up so quickly. It makes me a bit sad to see that. I can't stress it enough that it takes practice to get the results that everyone looks at on the top 1/4 times list. Example, I've got about 130 1/4 mile passes on my 370Z. I didn't start getting good at launching it until about the 50+ mark.

That's the funny part. There is so much talk on these forums (and other car forums too) about how "I'd smoke [insert car here] in a race because my car is good for XX.XX @ XXX.XX." Well, your car might be good enough for it, but are you?

People underestimate how difficult it is to get a powerful RWD car off the line effectively, especially on a street radial. That's why there are a number of guys stuck in the high-13s -- or worse yet, 14s -- more often than not due to disastrous 60' times. It takes skill and it takes practice. Some people are born with it and others just don't have the drive to work at it until they get better.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote