View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #190 (permalink)
delusional
Track Member

Drives: 09 PG T/S/N 7AT
delusional will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
In case anyone has any pointers...

Regardless of whether the cards are set to their locked 1408 shaders or unlocked 1536 I get total lockups after some gameplay. It might take 5 minutes it might take 50, but at some point the screen completely freezes (or goes dark) and the PC stays running. But it requires a hard reset to actually do anything.

I disabled Crossfire and tried it on a single card and had it crash on me after about 15 minutes or so.

I guess I need to do some more temperature testing to see how hot the cards or CPU are getting. Probably a good idea to make sure my BIOS is up to date as well. If it's not temperature related I think it might be the ATI drivers... in which case I get to play around with testing previous versions. Fun.
i used to get the same thing. i posted a few pages back on how i fixed it. it has something to do with onboard sound card and the game. you got a new mobo right? are you using the onboard sound card on that? if you are than im 99% sure that's the problem. i fixed mine by buying a new one and turning the onboard audio off completely. never crash anymore. but when i took the new sound card out and used the onboard it kept crashing and freezing.

2009 Platinum Graphite Touring
[ Sport Package ¦¦ Navigation ¦¦ 7 Speed Automatic ]
[ Berk ¦ H&R ¦ ONEighty ¦ K&N ¦ Stillen ¦ Eibach ¦ Cobb ¦ Ichiba ¦ Hankook ]
delusional is offline   Reply With Quote