View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reldas View Post
looking to purchase this cooler, can you use the Valvoline vo-19 oil filter on this with out problems? or can anyone that has this cooler install tell me what one they are using?

Thanks In advance
I am not familiar with that exact filter, but any standard length 370Z oil filter will fit just fine on the Austrailian-spec 370Zs with our oil cooler kit. You MAY run into fitment issues when using the longer G37/GTR filters. This is due to the stacking height of the Mocal Sandwich plate on top of your car's existing oil-to-water oil cooler (found previously, ONLY on the Middle Eastern and Austrailian models). The factory cooler on your 370Z is roughly 2" in thickness.

I just checked out our shop 370Z on the lift and "guesstimated" the added thickness of the OEM oil-to-water sandwich plate along with the longer G37 Sedan oil filter. I think it MAY BE possible, but a real pain to accomplish.

By all means PM me if you have any questions with any of our products including our oil cooler kits!
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote