Thread: Subaru BRZ?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #25 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

3k for the kit but you still have to pay for install if you want your warranty intact. Bumps the price up.

Honestly I think this car will do well for auto-x junkies, drifters, poor teens and 20 somethings, and the occasional adult who wants something cheap but still performance oriented without a care for actually how fast the car is. The sad fact is that most performance car buyers never take their car to the track and never race their. That being said it's hard for the casual driver to appreciate a car of 2600lbs that corners exceptionally well vs. a car that will put you back into your seat when you hit the gas. I mean test driving this car vs. a mustang/camaro/ even 370z and it won't stack up. Only a true enthusiast will be able to appreciate it's cornering on a brief test drive, where as any average joe can mash the accelerator and fell the joy of true power.

Personally with this car being sold at the same price as the WRX on the same lot I would take the WRX. Worlds faster, will put down similar numbers on a track due to it's AWD, and will respond to mods (both engine and suspension) better.

We all have our opinions and only time will tell how this car does but I know I won't be at all envious when I'm passing one on the street. I mean hell, the 370z is much heavier and will still put down similar if not better numbers in the corners.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote