View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little leery mainly because I'm concerned about the front bumper support thing from a crash-safety and chassis-rigidity aspect, and also about whether your new setup changes the risk of sucking water on the Gen3 (which is about zero with the normal setup).

But either way, major kudos to you for even trying this stuff out, and I can't wait to see your pics and results.

My best thoughts in the past about freeing up airflow (with the stock Gen3 filter/pipe setup) was to cut some holes in the upper front bumper, line them with shallow ducting (e.g. Mine's, but not so deep in the back and cheaper), and make some plastic plugs to cover them for driving in the rain. It still wouldn't get nearly as much improvement as what you're looking at though, and involves a ton of custom plastic work that has to fit just right.