View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
DCNISMO
Track Member

Drives: Nismo Z
DCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weird radio constant power problem in my Nismo....

I was installing the AVIC X930BT and had it all wired up and it would not turn on. Went to a shop in Virginia and he put power to the red and yellow wire and it turned on. I get home plug it into the harness and it comes on. Lunch break and a dog walk later I go to put all the stuff in, and it won't come on. So I get the meter out and I see 12 volts on the switched wire, but yellow is dead. Plug oem radio into harness and I see about 6 volts to chassis ground on the yellow wire. Unplug radio and yellow wire is dead again. So there is some weird ground problem, and I did a battery off reset too. Why when I came home it worked for a while and then stopped is baffling unless the ecu did some odd thing. So I'm just going to find a good constant 12v source and not use the crutchfield to pioneer connector for that 12 v constant power. Thought I would share this in case anybody else runs into it.
DCNISMO is offline   Reply With Quote