Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #447 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, new seats .

Big thanks to Equinox. I drove out to his place today and we swapped our seats out. Nice deal all around and keeping it all in the "family" here at the370z. These Brides are the GIAS LowMax, they're adjustable and thus a little heftier than true racing seats, but it's a little more DD/girlfriend-friendly. They hug you on the corners a whole lot better than stock, and they're harness-compatible for future upgrades.

Got to try out the comfort level on the ~2hr drive home: not as comfy as the stock touring seats, but reasonable enough for most TX roadtrips. Worst case I might use a tiny pillow for a lumbar support on a long ride. Picked up a PW:JDM radiator air-guide thingy (whatever you call it, the bit that snaps to the top edge of the front bumper along the front) from Equinox as well, in a carbon/kevlar look that matches the seat-backs.

I checked weights on a bathroom scale while we had everything out too, esp since it looked obvious that my driver/passenger seats would be different, and the Weight Reduction Thread only lists one weight. Keeping in mind bathroom-scale inaccuracy, my TPH seats came in at 50.8 lbs driver and 47 lbs passenger, and the Brides came in at 42.2 lbs. So net weight drop is 13.4 lbs from swapping both.

Love the new seats, can't wait to see how they feel at the next track event. Thanks again Equinox .

Last edited by wstar; 11-27-2011 at 02:18 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote