View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #56 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I agree to a point, but where Nissan took design cues, Hyundai seems to outright copy sometimes. All companies take design elements from one another, even the luxury and exotic brands. Hyundai just seems to take it a little too far sometimes, to the point of plagiarism. The Equus looks like a Lexus LS twin and to a small degree the current gen coupe to the g37 coupe. They have started to break away from those designs though, which I'm really glad they're doing. The Veloster for example, is a huge step in building a distinct brand design. I still can't bring myself to really gen coupe for some reason. I dunno, it just seems like a work in progress.
I agree with the what you are saying on most points. The thing is the original 240 and ferrari gt had more than just styling cues. It outright completely resembled. That was 40 years ago and nissan is only like 50 years old in the US.
And you are right. The hyundai is still a work in progress, the gencoupe is awesome "for what it is". But when you have driven many a sports car hard. The gen just doesn't add up in stock formation. The coupe was sold to be a potential tuner car as the japanese sports cars but they have done things that make it near unworthy for a serious tuner. As mentioned before, invasive ecu and things like dual cats and subpar transmissions. The Z does have the experience and heritage.
I'm just glad hyundai stepped up where no one would go and fill that 25-35k rwd car with a formiddable platform. As far as the equus, you are right but there's also over 20k in difference. They won't touch the same buyers for the most part. Hyundai is great for the under 30 and over 60 crowd. For a Z owner, its a work in progress. For a novice or intermediate tuner. Its more than enough to get excellent winnable performance.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote