View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
Unless the roof is made of different material for a roll over crash I doubt it weighs much more then a CF replacement. Most of the CF parts I put on the car so far weigh the same or more then the stock parts. With out spending stupid ammounts on dry carbon this cars panels are pretty dang lite.
I got to poke at my roof while removing the antenna a few months back. It's definitely just a very flimsy sheet of a aluminum, and easily dinged/bent. There might be something else crash-related between the external roof panel and the interior roof liner, no idea really, didn't look, but most likely something else (e.g. the pillars, and the rear where the trunk lid comes close) accounts for crash safety. The stock outer roof itself wouldn't really protect you from jack.