View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
SparkleCityHop
Base Member

Drives: 04 MT 350Z Roadster
SparkleCityHop is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SparkleCityHop Send a message via Yahoo to SparkleCityHop Send a message via Skype™ to SparkleCityHop

This is a great read, guys. Good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@GTM View Post
That is true if the forced induction designer fails to compensate for the higher airflow of the turbo/supercharger by increasing the diameter of the MAF tubing. Of course you can only increase the diameter so much before you start running into other issues (fitment, resonance, turbulence, etc.).
I was under the impression that the upgraded MAF had improved resolution for those in the 300-600 power range over the stock MAF and that there were some advantages even if you weren't over the maximum flow of the stock MAF. Then again, most of my knowlege (what little I have) is on the 350.

Just for chuckles - maybe you need 4 intake tubes and equal flow tubing so that you can have 4 MAF's to get he flow per MAF back down into the higher resolution range of each MAF (not serious). I can see how the need for resolution could grow exponentially when you're talking about increasing the operating range almost four fold. Especially since you're talking about a device that is sensing temperature differences of air passing by a heated wire. At 28+ psi boost, you're facing a 3 fold increase in flow over normal atmosphere, right (14.7psi atmosphere + 28psi boost)?

Anyways, keep up the good work, guys. And keep dropping the technical info in threads like this. It's a great read for dummies like me that are trying to learn!