View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #6776 (permalink)
CB1
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Touring/Sport
CB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am in the process of installing my FI HFCs and FI cat back exhaust. Everything is going great but I cannot budge the driver's side manifold demon bolt. I have soaked it numerous times with penetrating oil, etc. and we are using a breaker bar for leverage. Been working at it for 2 days now. Broke some tools in the process.
My neighbor is a mechanic and he is going to bring an impact gun home tomorrow as he thinks this is the only option. I have removed the o2 sensor that's in the driver's side cat. I know that people have said not to use an impact gun due to the vibration damaging the manifold o2 sensor. Just don't know what to do...
Has anyone used an impact gun to remove these demon bolts and have you had any issues with you o2 sensors as a result? Thanks in advance.
| F.I. Twin Turbo #060 | E85 | F.I. Built 7AT | F.I. Flex Plate | F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler | F.I. 19 Row 7AT Cooler | ECUTEK Tuned By Sebastian | 647 WHP 605 TQ |