View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #140 (permalink)
Ryan@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Evo 8/Evo 9 MR/GTR
Ryan@Forged is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by armensti View Post
the only reason modern AWD cars keep up with the rwd cars is because of the cars computer system. if it was just a basic AWD 100% of the time it wouldnt even be a match for a rwd.
This sentence alone explains your understanding on this matter. Lets take the Evo 8 (03-04) for example. No computer controlled power distribution, no ACD, no AYC, etc. By your logic it is no match for a 350z (comparable by production year?) or 370z (modern RDW). Would you really like to put that theory of yours to the test? That reasoning couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote:
Modern AWD cars = perfect handling for anyone.. crappy driver, professional driver etc...

AWD 100% of the time = under steer, under steer and some more under steer for a basic driver and a great challenge for a professional driver
Once again, false assumption. Where many AWD cars are notorious for understeer, it does not apply to every AWD car. In this case where we have been comparing Evo's I think you would be surprised how little understeer these cars have.

Quote:
by the way i just remembered something the evo x doesnt even come in stick lol
Seriously dude? Really?... Please do some homework before you make posts like this.

Quote:
yeah and the nissan that you own is still computer controlled lloll
You're right it is, I guess that means it is also inferior than your 370z. Once again, care to put that to the test? It's a 10 year old AWD system, it should be no match for the modern RWD car that you drive.