View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #136 (permalink)
armensti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z/Tring/Spt/6MT
armensti is on a distinguished road

to make things a little bit clear when i posted before i was talking about the evo x. it distributes power to any wheel needed to gain traction to make the car handle better. i dont need to explain this to anyone because im sure most of you know this. a 370z does not do that, in fact most of the people turn off the traction control so that their in the control of the car.

about SYNCRO REV.

i learned how to drive stick on my 370z. within 2 weeks i was heel and towing and i was rev matching. i also learned how to dump the clutch and all the little goodies. BUT from the first time i got into the car i simple turned off the S-mode and i havent used it since. WHy? because i dont need the cars computer telling me what to do, i dont need the cars computer controlling each and every single movement that i make with the car. most of the passionate drivers who buy the 370z stick dont even use the syncro rev. the only time i could see myself using that is if im so tired that i cant even move my legs to make my job easier but like i stated before i dont like to use it and thats why i bought a manual car.

the only reason modern AWD cars keep up with the rwd cars is because of the cars computer system. if it was just a basic AWD 100% of the time it wouldnt even be a match for a rwd.

Modern AWD cars = perfect handling for anyone.. crappy driver, professional driver etc...

AWD 100% of the time = under steer, under steer and some more under steer for a basic driver and a great challenge for a professional driver

RWD = hard to drive for a basic driver...... a beast in the hands of a professional driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
^ better start modding if you want to beat m3's
modding? ive tooken a Porsche carrera s... my cars STOCK

its all about the driver

by the way i just remembered something the evo x doesnt even come in stick lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged View Post
Ha ha I'm a bit outnumbered so I have to stand my ground sometimes I have a GTR too if it helps my case (have to own at least 1 Nissan )

Ya, a lot of times I have so much going on over here I don't get to get my entire though out. Half my posts are jumbled up thoughts after thinking about a ton of other stuff.

I think a standard AWD system is different, not easier to drive, but that is an entire different discussion that we won't get into right now
yeah and the nissan that you own is still computer controlled lloll

Last edited by armensti; 08-06-2009 at 01:17 AM.