View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fly1 Motorsports
Premium Member

Drives: PW 370Z 7AT/Tr/Sp/Nv
Fly1 Motorsports is a glorious beacon of lightFly1 Motorsports is a glorious beacon of lightFly1 Motorsports is a glorious beacon of lightFly1 Motorsports is a glorious beacon of lightFly1 Motorsports is a glorious beacon of light
Default Strange 7AT Problem this AM...

So this morning I'm driving to work as usual, slow bumper to bumper traffic on the side streets of Los Angeles. I'm about 2 minutes away from my office, when my car just fails to accelerate while in "drive". When I pressed the gas, the engine would rev, but wouldn't go. I turned on my hazards, put the car into park, and then back into drive, and I would be able to accelerate for about 20 seconds, then boom...same problem; revving w/ no acceleration!

I tried flipping into "manual" mode, but it wouldn't even let me do it (the gear selector on the center display remained in "D" instead of switching to manual gear #s). I pulled into my parking garage at work, and haven't done anything further yet. I did shut off the car, then re-start just to check if I could get into manual mode...and after re-starting, I WAS able to get into manual mode. I haven't tried driving yet though.

The oil temp was about 210deg; and I have a little less than half tank of gas. I have basic bolt ons / Uprev tune...but haven't ever had problems; and it's been a while since install. What do you guys think...simple ECU freak out...or something more? I really don't drive the car hard at all, so I would be surprised if there was some major tranny issue. Should I just try taking it out of the garage and see if it drives normally...or be extra cautious and get it towed to the dealer?

Thanks in advance!
Lohit