View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
i should put a * next to that with a subtext of "your mileage may vary" under it. as an OEM part it may be sufficient for spirited driving but if you are, in fact, planning to drive your car on track, you really just need to spend the money on a 34 row cooler and be done with it. i doubt the OEM unit is going to be as robust and in all likely-hood will cost as much or more as the aftermarket options. the only advantage is that the OEM kit is just that, OEM fitment and reliability. not that Z1's aftermarket kits are junk, far from it in fact, just that some people prefer OEM parts when they are available
Thanks for the input. I am still on the fence with air cooled oil cooler or OEM. I do drive spirited and the temps do get up there and I notice hp loss. I will probably not be hitting the track anytime soon. So a 19 row air oil cooler would suffice. I am not so concerned with OEM parts and if the OEM retrofit is going to cost close to a 19 row cooler, then I would rather just go with aftermarket 19 row cooler.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote