View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #67 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
most GTR guys never ever use auto mode as the way its designed its always searching for the highest gear you can be going 35 mph and it will shift all the way to 6th... unless you are performance driving

also the transmission responds to how you drive... if you are just running errands around town some of the shifts can be quite sluggish... but once you start accelerating and braking in a spirited manner it will start shifting fast and rev matching and all that....

the only time i ever use auto mode is at the drag strip to lay down consistent times because as long as its in R mode and you have the gas floored it does lighting fast 6800 rpm shifts that you really cant beat manaully...... but thats about the extent of it... it sucks for autoX and is so so at the track imo

as far as has that aspect changed for 12 vs the 09.... not really the only noticeable difference is how it responds to a 2-1 shift at parking speeds... before it wouldnt go into 1st until you were almost at a dead stop then jerk down to 1st... now it automatically shifts to first while you are still creeping forward...

but over all the 12 is so just comprehensively better in all aspects than my 09....
the 13 is adding about 30 hp and better suspension

Thank you for making me spend an additional $35,000-50,000.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote