View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Well, I think the only thing it has in common with them is the performance. Like you said its just semantics, we only differ on what we consider supercars. When I see a 911 Turbo, I don't think supercar. Supercars to me are those that make the Turbo look like a normal car. Like a Zonda makes Turbos and V10 R8's look tame by comparison.

The GTR doesnt have the over-the-top styling, the no-compromise materials and build or the uniqueness of a supercar. It's a super quick sports car. I'm not saying its not as fast, I just don't think I can put it in the same category as a Carrera GT. It certainly doesn't help that I see GT-R's every other day now...

I think your "exotics" are my "supercars".

On EVO they call your "generally accepted supercars" Hardcore Coupes...Just like I would...it's all semantics. I don't mean to belittle your car or take away from the fact that its a damn fast car, I can't emphasize that enough.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/carg...vette_zr1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC@MYGTR View Post
absolutely, its right there with most of them in almost everything except price. look at the ring times its faster than a carerra GT and a LP640. faster and a F430 scuderia. i mean raw #'s cant be disputed...less than 3.5 sec 0-60 low 11 1/4 miles proven lap times.. sure its not quite as exclusive as those of course but its still 85K car that sells like on average about 130 a month in the US. if it was the exact same car but costs double would it be more of a supercar in some peoples minds?

it might be semantics here but a supercar doesnt have to be an "exotic" more like whats on your list. for instance, just like a 997 TT/ GT3 are supercars a Z06/ZR1 are supercars a Viper is a Supercar. those are cars that dont have that elite mystique as the ones you listed but are as much supercars aswell right there with the GT-R. look at cars like R8's astons and maseratti's. those are very exclusive pricey and generally accepted supercars and except for special versions( like a v12 vantage or something) they arnt in the GT-Rs league performance wise

im not saying its the best car in the world as some fanboy... but im just saying i didnt know its supercar status was in question... i gotta stick up for it there...

Last edited by RCZ; 08-05-2009 at 11:49 AM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote