Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #430 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Been trying to get my oil pressure gauge installed in time for the Driver's Edge class this weekend. I've done all the electronics and interior stuff days ago, but I've been holding off on my oil change and sensor install pending parts. I ordered two sets of pipe fitting parts from two different vendors, one that assumes the car's threads are NPT and one that assumes they're BSPT, so that I can sort it out during the oil change and I've definitely got whatever I need to finish the job.

The NPT hardware is here, but the BSPT still isn't, and now things are getting down to the wire. The BSPT hardware came from McMaster Carr, and UPS was supposed to deliver it two days ago on Monday, but they seem to have failed at that completely (it seems to be indefinitely "on the truck for delivery"). I have to drive down to the class late Friday afternoon.

The good news though, is apparently McMaster Carr has some of the best customer service I've ever seen on the phone. This is my first order with them ever, and it's a whole $16 order. One 5 minute phone call explaining about the UPS delay (and I didn't even get into how urgent this was for me personally) and they said they'd get in touch with UPS from their side, sort out what's happening, and if necessary re-ship new parts to me overnight to get them here tomorrow (Thursday) for sure. They re-iterated that one way or another, there's no way they wouldn't get this fixed and have the parts in my hands Thursday. Awesome stuff, I'm going to order everything I can through these guys in the future