View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #1483 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterbop View Post
When you say notably, are we talking 2-3 inches or is it an even bigger shift?
Honestly, I don't know...more like a couple of inches at 25 yards I think. It's never been something I've seen to be an issue in several thousand rounds through my gun, but I've seen it reported about the M&P. It's generally reported as a greater-than-expected fall-off in POI from 7 yards to 25 yards when using lighter bullet weights, and it appears to be more of an issue in the .40 cal. Now, I almost exclusively shoot PMC Bronze 115 gr. bullets and, as I say, I don't see any accuracy problems. My suspicion when I see things like that is that it's shooter-related rather than equipment. I do note that the M&P with stock sights is one where there is a disparity between sight height and lining up the three dots. In my experience, line up the three dots accurately and it will shoot dead on, but in a quick sight picture, one might inadvertently line up the top of the front sight with the top of the rear sight blade and that will cause it to shoot about 2 inches high at 25 yards. It holds very nice groups with a good trigger, but it will **** to the right on pull with their typical stock trigger. The DCAEK is a cheap and very simple modification that replaces the sear, sear spring/plunger, and striker block and really cleans up the trigger. The stock trigger will smooth out a lot over time they day, but I didn't want to wait and replaced mine right away.

I do fairly often get the slide to release on seating a magazine on a tactical reload. I don't mind that much, but it does give instructors the heebie-jeebies from a safety standpoint at courses with a lot of shooters on the line.

Overall, I really like my M&P as a range and course gun. It's been accurate and absolutely reliable for me.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote