View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #139 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ZSpeed View Post
The last thing you want to do is lower the engagement point if you are having release issues. This will make it even harder to disengage/shift.
The HR and VHR have a very high engagement point and it gets even higher with a aftermarket clutch but it needs to be there, You just can't lower it or you effect the clutch release.
So adjusting the clutch rod effectively changes the engagement point? The tech said it was adjusted all the way in one direction and noticed the CSC throw wasn't very far. After making the adjustments, the CSC was finally pushing further into the fingers of the clutch.

When I left for work this morning, it was the first time I wasn't stuck in any of the gears since picking up the car. So there is noticeable improvement other than the engagement point being a bit lower than usual, so it does feel a bit awkward at some point as if I'm losing pressure.