View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Barefoot Lass's Carpet Stain Removal Page!

"Anne Bass from Tacoma Washington, writes; "I was told years ago by a carpet cleaner to use peanut-butter to take gum out of the carpet. Once he showed me, I was a believer. Just put a spoon of peanut-butter on the gum. Use the spoon to mix it into the gum and then let it sit for just a couple minutes. Then rub with the spoon to loosen it. Take a wet rag and wipe it up in sort of a picking motion. Next take a rag and wash the spot. This really works!" Thanks Anne! This next tip was sent in anonymously; "This is a tip for removing ground on gum from carpet. Soak with WD-40 and rub with a cloth. This may take a couple of applications depending on how much gum. The WD-40 breaks down the gum somehow. The first time I tried it I was amazed. I had been trying to remove the gum for 6 months and it took me 10 minutes with the WD-40!" Thanks for the super Tip! Angela from Kentucky writes; "I clean rental property and do the carpets too. They used to replace carpet that had gum and wax on them. I tried the peanut butter and it left a stain, but did get out the gum. One day I was trying to get a job done kinda quick because I had another one to do and I wondered if lighter fluid would work to dissolve it. To make a long story short, it got the gum out in just seconds and dissolved the wax with-in a minute. So I found out something new to get the job done faster!" Thanks for sharing Angela! "