View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
That has not been my (albeit limited) experience. Then, I have only owned one BRAND NEW car, so I am at a bit of a loss there.

What exactly do you claim is going to change in that engine that has not already changed at 1200 miles that will prevent further oil burning?
Your problem is patience. Give it 5k miles and you'll see (and I'm 100% sure, unless you oil starve the engine) oil consumption will no longer be this "issue" you are concerned about.

And NO, I'm not being sarcastic or trying to pick a fight. Flame me if you want, but the majority, 99.99%, of all oil consumption "issues" are not problems but normal usage because of ring seating.

Again.... if you missed that.... give it some more time!

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote