Thread: My dyno results
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
If you make further changes down the road see if you can find a shop with a dynojet first rather than trying a different dynapack.

Dynapacks can be calibrated to read very close to dynojets, but it varies a bit from shop to shop -- looks like that one was within a few %, so to me those numbers are "correct" (really, any dyno can give you accurate numbers, but consistency from shop to shop is less with load holding dynos).

Anyway, I personally like dynojets for getting "true" measures simply there's not much to fiddle with on them -- everything is based on the speed at which you accelerate the known weight of a metal drum, and that value is consistent from shop to shop (some slight differences between older and newer models and I think between above and in-ground, but no where near the variance you see on mustang dynos between shops).
I might be getting it retuned next spring anyways. I did something stupid for this tuning, the car was running 94 octane. The problem is it's hard to find gas stations away from my house with 94 octane. (I wasn't thinking)

There is a shop just 5 minutes from my house that has a Dynojet. The only problem is... they are into old mustangs, and jacked up mullet cars. They wouldn't know what to do with my car. Now if I knew a thing or two about tuning I would ask to rent the dyno from them. The only other shop in the GTA that does Uprev has the Dynapak as well... hmm. I guess I should start reading up on tuning. lol