View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Spikuh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370z
Spikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I think it would just be pockets of surviving groups, independently building barricaded villages and working together to survive. I'd imagine as things stabilize expeditionary groups would go out into the hostile areas to search for resources and other groups of survivors to link up with.

You'd need a lot of damn ammo, though. It'd be so easy to get overrun by a horde of zombies.
See, I'm not sure a barricaded village could work because what do we do when the resources of the area are used up?

As a species we will have to either become hunter/gatherers again or farmers. At least for a little while anyway. Farming would the easier transition because we can stay in one place, but that would be a lot of land try and barricade off and police effectively. Land requirements would only increase the more survivors you locate. Becoming hunter/gathers would just be stressful with never knowing if one was actually safe.

This is why I think an island is ideal. Nice natural barrier, room to expand with population growth, and once the zombie population had been dealt with, no risk of infection.

Just need some large boats that can carry alot of initial supplies and population. A couple cruise ships should do. Will need to raid all the liquor stores though. Thankfully, our GPS system will still work and we can locate them all being satellites and all.
Spikuh is offline   Reply With Quote