View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
O&G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anv.
O&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond repute

We just finished my single turbo build at JTran Studios in Houston, Texas. This isn’t my first rodeo, I had a 2003 twin turbo 350z for many years, fully built, 550whp, etc… First, I’d like to thank Johnny, Amber, Mike and lil man Lakai at JTran Studios for everything they’ve done for me and my Z’s over the years, best peoples I know ! Shout out to 98intrigue here on the forums for stepping out of the box and tackling all the headaches first, made my life a lot easier, thanks buddy! I decided to go single because I’ve had twins before, I wanted something different. Johnny has designed and made crazy power with single kits on the DE and HR VQ platforms so I thought I’d let him have a go on my 40th Anniversary 370Z. We decided on a mid-mount set-up off the transmission for a few reasons, less exhaust piping, I eventually want to go around the track with this car and didn’t want to worry about heat in the engine bay. There isn’t a kit like this (for our cars) out there, it’s similar to the APS single turbo system for the 350z, but better of course  It also gives a stealthier look to the engine bay because you can’t see the working end. Johnny chose the water-cooled CT4-6265 because of the mounting location and also to do something different. We did fabricate the system so a wide variety of turbos can be installed for power needs, etc… Johnny is building a jig for this turbo setup so he can reproduce them for the 370z and G37. There is NO timeframe on this at the moment, but I can say he will be able to reproduce this kit for customers. When I build a car I’m big on supporting mods for the cooling system, drive train, suspension, heat protection, etc… so you will see that reflected in my parts list. I like to make sure once the cars done I can play for a little bit w/o having worry about it/work on it. I am already planning on building the motor sometime next year so I want it to last till then! Parts list below:

• CSF Aluminum Radiator/Condenser combo
• Mishimoto Thermostat, hoses, etc…
• Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
• Greddy Radiator Breather Tank
• Greddy Info-Meter Touch (boost, oil pressure, OBDII, etc…)
• GTM fuel pressure regulator adapter, AEM regulator w/ gauge
• GTM 370z fuel pump kit
• GTM 1 in, 2 out intercooler
• GTM Engine Mounts
• GTM upgraded CSC
• TiAL Wastegate (sitting around 5psi)
• TiAL Q BOV x 2
• DW 650cc injectors for now, waiting on Injector Dynamics 720cc
• Thermo-Tec heat protection, Turbo Blanket, wraps, etc…
• Comp Turbo CT4-6265
• Z1 Motorsports oil cooler kit
• Up-Rev tune by Johnny @ JTran Studios
• JWT Flywheel w/ ACT Clutch
• B&M SS
• Drop Engineering 09+ Nissan 370Z Transmission Mount
• HKS Hypermax coilovers in conjunction w/ H&R spacers w/ custom JTran eyeball alignment
• HKS 170mm Hi-Power muffler, 3” single exhaust and MBRP Resonator
• HKS 1 step colder spark plugs
• Innovative wideband A/F Gauge
O&G is offline   Reply With Quote